Monday, August 13, 2012

Catching up - Canning

I'm behind on posting but this is from the 8th of August. This is the second picking of the jade bush beans and the first pick of the wax beans. 

 I filled my entire deep stainless steel sink with jade bush green beans.  They weighed in at 14.8 lbs

And these yellow wax beans weighed in at 6 lbs. Honestly, I won't grow them again.  The jade bush gave me 3 pickings and these wax beans barely gave me a full picking before going dry. And they're tougher. 

I packed the jade bush in bags since I wasn't sure I was going to be able to can all 21 jars that day.  I DID get all 21 jars canned completely.  My pressure canner holds 7 quart jars.

Here the wax beans are getting blanched before adding them to the jars. 

Here are some of the jars sitting in the canner.  I wanted to see if I could get a pic of the rolling boil and yep, you can kind of see it.

14 jars cooling off with the last 7 in the canner.

No comments: