Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Girl Valentine Box - American Girl that is...

The children in my daughter's class at school decided they wanted to have a contest for Valentine Boxes.  My daughter asked for an American Girl Shaved Ice Stand.  
We used the most outside boxes from the bulk Ziploc brand sandwich bags that we purchased at Sam's Club.  
We purchased Berry Spray Paint from Home Depot. 
We used some self stick hearts we got off the clearance rack at Michael's craft store plus some American Girl 3D flowers purchased there months ago.
And I used Adobe Illustrator to create the SVG file for the word ALOHA because I wanted to make a swoop that went all the way under the word. Please don't ask me which font I used - I think it's by Autumn Leaves.

I used my 40% off coupon on my iphone Michael's app and purchased the rafia.  I sewed it on my White sewing machine.  I thought I'd have plenty to cover up the stitching, maybe if I'd purchased the large bag. It was fun sewing it all together while my daughter talked with me.  She was busy finishing up her 33 Valentines.


With my Silhouette Cameo I cut out the hibiscus flowers in white vinyl.

And I cut a small version of Aloha for her box.

On the back I added the sign "Flavor of the Day".  I wish I had orange vinyl on hand.  I need to make another order soon.




I had to hot glue these on here.

Pink Pink Pink and Aloha Valentine! 

Fresh and clean and ready to pose with her American Girl doll Lanie, girl of the year 2010. I'll share more about her valentines in the next post.

No comments: