Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Haunted Halloween Houses 2011

It's been a while since I posted the images on how to glue the gingerbread pieces together with melted brown sugar. But we did finally decorate them.  Some of the candy came in the box with the house such as the pointed spires.  Some of the candy Grandma purchased and the cute little leaves came from Wilton too but in a bottle instead of the box.  I wish I had not put as much of the recommended water in the icing - it was a little runny - that was fine for the green grass but not on the vertical pieces of the house.  I did buy extra color paste - in brown, orange, green, and black.  



 This pumpkin patch is my favorite along with the path to the house.  I added green icing to the tops of the pumpkins to get the leaves to stick.  Fun!











I  hope you had a wonderful and safe Halloween!

No comments: