Wednesday, August 24, 2011

My pumpkins are a little early this year...

And I'm not sure why but my children are excited about it.  I've only picked one.  I am going to leave the rest until September 15th - unless the deer arrive first.  Last year they knocked one of the bush and took a few big nibbles out of another.  This is a Spirit Bush pumpkin and yes it grows on a bush instead of a vine and does much better in my soil than the vine type.  (And that's a Napoleon fireplace - the glass keeps the wasps from entering the house)


My friend Barbara was over the other day right after I picked this and it was dripping wet from a little wash.  She saw my pumpkin bushes out back and was so excited to hear about a bush type pumpkin plant.  I told her this one was a Spirit Bush pumpkin and she said she thought it was one of those pumpkins you can get at the craft store it was so perfect.  Looking at this photo I can see the imperfections in the pumpkin but I love it.

And my youngest is heading off to school.  It's the end of an era.  For 9 years I've been a happy stay at home mom 24/7.  I guess we'll see how this goes.  I made a cute scrapbook page for his teacher to display in the hall (all the kids bring one).  I changed all of the wording because you really don't need all the info about him.  I'm sure you're thinking it's an okay page but here's the kicker:  I made everything.  I made the background paper and drew the monkey plus the little frames and textured the circles.  I love Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.  I'm a digital scrapbooker for good. 


Now I better get back to cleaning the kids closets and choosing outfits. And finding something to replace chocolate. I have been breaking out in hives again and think that's what caused it.  I'm sad because I'm already allergic to wheat, soy, melons, nuts, and berries.  Of course maybe it's soy in the chocolate.  Either way most chocolate contains soy as an additive. 

No comments: