Friday, August 26, 2011

More Pico de Gallo

I'm enjoying the tomatoes before the grasshoppers eat them all.  I made 7 more pints of pico de gallo yesterday and I also used my new Roma sauce maker and pureed all the roma tomatoes.  Then I made spaghetti sauce out of it.  I'm not sure if it's my soil but is there a way to get my sauce a little more sweet? (besides brown sugar)  My carrots are the same way.  I can't quite call it sour or bitter but it's a bit of something like that. 

I love that old scale but it's not big enough to weigh my pumpkins.  And my husband purchased it in Germany and so it is in grams - I have to spend a little extra time converting things (but it sure makes using his German cookbooks a breeze). 

And I've picked this many jalapenos twice but haven't bothered to weigh them.  I just wanted to get them into my food!

No comments: