Thursday, June 30, 2011

Wild flowers indoors

We planted a huge patch of wild flowers in front of our house. Basically we tilled it, tossed about $50 worth of seed out there and then watered it.  This is the first year these have grown. It's mostly going to be trees out there when we finish so it's nice to have a pretty filler for now.  My daughter and I spent a while gathering these the other night after Family Home Evening.  This pitcher was a wedding gift to my husband and I. I love it and it's perfect for wild flowers.
 Nikon D7000, 50mm 1.8 set at 2.8, ISO 800

1 comment:

Rhonda Gales said...

The flowers are beautiful. I love fresh flowers in the house. My sunflowers failed to germinate, so I'm hoping my Glads will do well. I visited a local farm where I cut flowers at times, not a flower in sight. They were late planting this year because of all the rain we've had.