Monday, September 13, 2010

So I finally took my camera out into the garden this week.  I've pulled up all the onions.  They are drying for 2 weeks before I throw them into the fruit room in  basement.  The last of the potatoes are out - no more goodies for the voles to eat.  


I've also been busy creating a custom graphic for my hallway wall.  I printed it up on an 8x10 and stuck it to the wall so I could decide how much I liked it.  One thing I learned while taking an oil painting class is that if it's out of sight, it is out of mind.  Somehow staring at something and concentrating on it (even if it's only a few minutes a week) will allow us to add just the right touch to complete the project or to realize that it's already there and go ahead with it.


I'm getting itchy to see the pumpkins turn orange.  
To help your tomatoes and bell peppers see this post.

I shut off the water to my tomatoes and they are finally turning red! 
Today I am working on making more garden fresh salsa that will be going into the Ball Freezer pint jars. I am so happy my neighbor showed me that you can freeze the fresh salsa and enjoy it all winter.
I'll share the recipe as soon as it is perfected - it's still missing something.

This is a baby Lemon Cucumber. Enjoy cucs? Well, you need to try this one.
It's the best eating cucumber you'll ever try. It's not bitter at all.

Love this grass- to bad it's an annual here.  I'm bound and determined to get trees in this spot in the spring so I will not have to stress about this area so much.

And these are the wild flowers growing on the empty lot next to my house.  I don't care if they are weeds.  When I see them they make me smile!
I'm working on a GARDENING SCRAPBOOK! I can't wait to start getting all these photos organized. I just finished all my prep work for my class at ReneePearson.com

No comments: