Sunday, December 20, 2009

25 photos 'til Christmas - Day 20

This is definitely more of a tradition than a decoration.  Each year we have a party with The Great Grandparents.  But this is the first year that Santa has come to visit us. And I've never taken my children to the Mall for a photo with Santa. I think my daughter got to visit with Santa at the Festival of Trees a few years ago (a fundraiser for the children's hospital). So this was a special treat for them.

My son was too busy looking at Grandma who was video taping the insanity of a family party of 60 people with Santa in their midst. And of course we had to get our photo with Santa too.

I gave Great Grandma & Grandpa 8 new 8x8 inch scrapbook pages for their family history album. Great Grandma spent several hours talking with me about each of those 8 people.  I'm so grateful for the chance to write down those stories before they are lost.  The one thing that really stood out to me was when she was talking about her own mother and said, "I can tell you that she was a good mother..." and proceeded to tell me with why.  That good mother has affected generations and hundreds of descendants.

No comments: