Tuesday, December 15, 2009

25 photos 'til Christmas - Day 15

I love the smell of gingerbread baking in the oven. Maybe you saw our Haunted Gingerbread Houses? And we also made ornaments for our tree - photos coming soon. It's also very time consuming and I'm allergic to it - wheat flour that is- so my husband purchased this kit for the kids.  It had just the right amount of candy.

And the icing was royal icing. It dries nicely but it was a little difficult for my children to apply it but it was fun watching them decorate the train with just a little help from me.

I helped my son by applying a thick layer of icing where he wanted it. Then he went to work with the candy.  He got brave near the end and went to town on his own.

We are displaying it proudly in our home.  All of our decorations will stay up until my birthday in January.

No comments: