Monday, April 13, 2009

Happy Easter


My children really enjoyed the Easter Egg hunt and there was only one egg that we couldn't find. CJ was the last of all of his cousins to find his eggs but he was a good sport. Grandma gave them books, sand molds, squirt guns, and bubbles to enjoy this spring. I gave them some heavy duty plastic gardening tools - which they enjoyed this morning (along with their butterfly nets) until it became too windy. I also gave them a chocolate bunny, m&ms, reeses pieces, silly straws, socks, and a few other odds and ends. Last night we finished reading the book "When the Stone was Rolled Away" from the Believe and You're There LDS book series. I think HK is catching on more to the story of Christ and his sacrifice and resurrection. CJ listened which is a great thing to get a toddler to do when the story only has one drawing per chapter.

I am learning more and more about Gardening too. I have to jot things down so I do not forget. My SIL said that once I plant my cabbage outside I need to get a pack of ladybugs too. I know that the local garden store sells them. I am trying to stay away from pesticides. I gave a tomato plant to my MIL and SIL for Easter and as thanks for taking care of CJ while I was away. Today I moved two more tomatoes to my old gallon pots that I sterilized. I am putting new peat pots in my tray when I take the old ones out. I am now planting lavender which I am super excited about. I finally got dill seeds to plant outside when I plant my tomatoes. They are supposed to attract the bugs away from the tomatoes to the dill - making them easier to see and dispose of. I have plenty of pepper, tomatoes, and cabbage sprouts. I have most of my seeds, including potato seed which I stored in my basement fruit room until I can plant them. Which reminds me, I need to call the landscaping place and find out about top soil and boulders....

2 comments:

The Jones Family said...

Looks like Easter was so much fun! And Im very impressed with your Gardening talent! Great Job!

Unknown said...

Lovely LO! Our DD has her first egg hunt this year, but since it was snowing out, I wasn't brave enough to try hard-boiled! She loved finding the toy surprises in the plastic eggs though. :)