Sunday, May 18, 2008

Dance Revue

Haeley had her dance Revue last night and it was so much fun! Grandma and Grandpa Patterson were there. Grandma and Grandpa Vanderbeek were there. This was Haeley's 3rd revue and next year she will be performing in the big revue - this one is for the preschool and kindergarten girls. I am excited for her and nervous all at the same time. They had 4 numbers performed by the older girls last night to give the parents a good idea what their little ones will eventually be able to do. It was stunning. Those girls really work hard and what a fun way to keep your body strong! My Dad said he didn't realize how seriously they take their dancing here. He said he really enjoyed watching and his cheeks were sore from smiling so long. I enjoyed it too. My mom said she is going to go through her boxes of photos and find my dance photos. That'll be interesting...

All those little girls in their adorable costumes - cousin A* was in a blue Cinderella costume and it was gorgeous. She really looks up to Haeley and wanted to be an indian though. I loved both costumes - wish we could have had all of them for each girl. I loved the theme this year and since Haeley was in the Kindergarten class, she was in the Peter Pan ballet. There were Pans, Crocodiles, Pirates, Lost Boys, and Indians. Then later she danced as a cowgirl (tap dance) and then to It's a Small World (jazz dance) - but the new hip hop version. Anyway, tons of fun and Haeley smiled so big in each performance. She was never scared and she really got into the music.


2 comments:

The Jones Family said...

Oh Laura she is adorable! I am so excited to have a girl!

Krysta said...

Ohhhhh...she looks so cute and is growing up so fast! I'm glad she did good and had so much fun.